Wednesday, May 2, 2012

More Outside Adventures!

Outside Outside we can't get enough, yeah outside outside where things are pretty tough hahaha (hey it was the only thing I could come up with) :-)  We have truly been enjoying this weather, not to hot and not to cold! Thank you lord for our eyes to see, legs to walk and nose to smell a rose.  The day we took off to Botanical Gardens (I talked about it in a previous post), I was set on making it to the Butterfly House.  I found out it wasn't there but in Faust Park, and No Not Forest Park where I thought it was too!ha  Come to find out the Sophia M. Sachs Butterfly House is a division of Missouri Botanical Garden. http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/visit/family-of-attractions/butterfly-house.aspx



I promised Laylah we would go see Butterflies because she beams at the sight of them! Says they are so "cute" and "beautiful".  Just today she said she seen a yellow one with pink polka dots, ummmm not sure I believe that one but she has a great imagination.  Anyway, another mistake I made was using my GPS to type in Butterfly Garden which took us to a little area with hammocks and benches on campus.......I was pretty confused, then it clicked oooohhhhhh it's the Butterfly House not Garden hahaha So we called it a day and tried again a couple days later with success.......




We took a look at all the insects and other things they had displayed.........


*Orange Cockroaches (I remember these out of everything) uuhh

Then we headed into the mini theater which showed a 17 min video on how the caterpillar turns into a butterfly.  Which sparked the childhood memory of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle!! I had already purchased that book for Laylah a while back but hopefully she will appreciate it a lot more now! 

Then we went into the humid area where the butterflies were flying up, down and all around.  It was interesting to be surrounded by so many.  I'm not sure you would ever get this opportunity just hanging out outside.  There was one particular type of butterfly that had a gorgeous colbolt blue color when it opened its wings but I couldn't catch a picture.  Which is another one of the many reasons I want to invest in a really good camera.

So my best picture was this one.........



What kind is this you ask?.....I don't know :-)


So after we spent about 20 minutes inside we were on our way out and saw a great photo op in this butterfly chair :-)........



We didn't end the day there, come to find out the St. Louis Carousel was walking distance right next to the Butterfly House along with a park.  My mom and I had no idea because there were no signs or anything about the Carousel.  We even walked in unsure of what was going on and if we were supposed to be there.  Plus the worker's enthusiastic skills at the Carousel were weak! Especially for a Saturday along with a private party being held in the next room.  I felt like I wanted to take the microphone and take over! haha Despite all of that, my little girl loves a carousel.  Scarlett even had her first ride.........




*I said Laylah smile...she said "No".... oh well :-)

We headed over to the park for some running around and swing time.  Plus hoping the girls would be ready for a nap on the way home :-) 

Here's a few pics of me and my little lollipop (I call her that cause she keeps going and going and going) haha



The day was full of St.Louis adventure.  Just another way to enjoy the days with my family.  That part of the day ended with sprinkles of rain that turned into a big storm which is a whole other story. haha

So here is to Health, Love and Happiness

-Love Sweet Candy Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment