Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Learning style from my 4 year old!

There was a time when I would dress Laylah in a "perfect outfit".  What I thought she should look and be like.  I made sure she looked put together everyday like a grown up.  Perfect Bow to complement her outfit and shoes.  Perfect hair, nothing out of place.  I have learned to ease up on the everyday life of looking perfect. I am appreciating her style, personality, and 4 year old swag! haha

One thing I did and still like to do, is let her help make decisions while shopping (its so fun to see her style and reaction).  I realized I needed to back off and choose my battles wisely when it comes to her getting dressed.  Of course I help her make decisions when we have somewhere important to go! But............. I just let her do her thang and stop worrying if she "looks perfect"! 


So here are some cute photos I have captured of Laylah just being herself...... ( With the help of growing up with me) hehe


She looks so sweet and angelic in this photo, you would never know she got into my makeup kit and applied a couple layers of mascara.  Besides a little bit on her eye lid she actually did a decent job. How could I be mad?? :-)


Another time I caught her in my purse, Well, I obviously didn't catch her or she wouldn't have the red lipstick on.  Guess she's team Gaga and wants to be a little monster ;-)


We were doing our makeup together one day and this is what she wanted to look like :-)  (This would be good theater make-up.....right?) haha


She knows she could always wear a swimming suit and a skirt (every skirt is a tutu).  Her necklace (she got it by embarrassing me sooo bad in the mall) and cousin Lele's shoes....Perfect!! :-)  


Fresh out of bed, can't go wrong with a pajama top and skirt/tutu. 


A monkey night gown, black and white heart leggings, mommies necklace and a bag from g-ma April.......Yep I'm ready mom! 


There's nothing wrong with tucking in your shirt to your leggings!! And some play heels.....Complete!


She wouldn't be a little girl without mommies shoes, hat and a fan to accessorize!  This one reminds me of the Fancy Nancy character! Love Her (We need to get some more of her books!)

Let me take a moment to imitate what she could be saying...."Wait mom, let me strut on em!" haha


 YEP!! I'm Speechless! haha


So tell me about getting your child dressed, or there "style" you try hard to break! haha I know you have some similar stories!


Here is to Toddler Style or Swag if you will. haha

Hugs and Kisses.....Candy Girl :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment